We are nearing the end of our series Tough Questions for Today’s Christian. We have examined eight of the hardest issues skeptics bring up and it is not always easy to respond to them.
- Since evil and suffering exist, a loving God cannot.
- Since miracles contradict science, they cannot have really happened.
- Evolution explains life, so we don’t need God.
- God isn’t worthy of our worship if he kills innocent children.
- It is offensive to claim that Jesus is the only way to God.
- A loving God would never send and torture people in Hell.
- Church history is littered with oppression and violence.
- I have doubts, so I can’t become a Christian.
To tackle these objections, Lee Strobel, award winning writer for the Chicago Tribune who had converted from atheism to Christianity traveled to the offices and homes of eight prominent Christians who have excelled in the academic world. Each one provided outstanding rebuttals to the objections and clarified many misconceptions. Strobel mentioned that he discerned three steps in their answers; three steps every person must take to travel the road from unbelief to belief, from skepticism to certainty that Christ is real and that we can have life in him. The three steps are investigation, decision, and transformation.
Learn more about these three steps and six compelling scientific and historical facts that will make a solid case for faith. – Jonathan Williams, WGS Ministries
Would you like to help me get these messages out to the world? Click here to donate to WGS Ministries. Your gifts in the U.S. are tax-deductible.