This is the first of eight tough questions that I address in my new teaching series, “Tough Questions for Today’s Christian.” I hope that you will listen to Part 1 of this series today. Before you listen, let me list all eight tough questions.
- If God is a loving, all powerful God, why does he allow evil and suffering to exist?
- Miracles contradict science; therefore, they cannot be true and the Bible’s report of miracles must be false.
- Evolution explains the origin of life, so, why do we need to talk about God creating all things?
- Why did God command the slaughter of innocent children in the Old Testament?
- How can you claim that Jesus is the only way to eternal life?
- How could a loving God send people to Hell?
- Church history is filled with experiences of oppression and violence. How can you then say Christianity is from God?
- It is not possible to live without doubt, so how can anyone be a Christian?
Based on Lee Strobel’s book, The Case for Faith, I examine each of these questions to provide answers that will build up your faith and provide you with answers for the questions people ask.
Be blessed as you listen to Part 1 of “Why Does God Allow Evil and Suffering in the World” in my program, “Word of God, Speak!” – Jonathan Williams